If you like to go for kilometres on two wheels, Val d’Orcia will grant you idyllic moments. This valley, designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its incredible, special beauty, offers spectacular views you become part of by pedalling along streets and white paths until you reach your goal. A village to visit or a thermal bath to restore you and send you on your way back to Miralaghi.
Our hotel is part of the ‘Italy Bike Hotels’ group, whose membership allows cyclists a series of quality services just for them. In any case, the biggest biking fan at the hotel is none other than the proprietor, Paolo Gambacurta, who is always ready to offer advice on the most exciting routes and tours in the Lands of Siena and Val d’Orcia.
Our services for bike tourists include:
- A delicious continental breakfast for a good start to the day
- A closed storage area, secure against theft, and a garage with equipment, compressor, and cleaning area
- Energy-rich snack for training: mineral salts, bananas
- Expert tour guides for racing bikes and mountain bikes.
- Pocket maps
- One day of the week, a stop at an oil mill with samples of typical local products
- Post-workout buffet from 13.00 to 18.00 with pasta, sweets, fruit, yoghurt, sausages, cheeses, jams, honey and fruit juices
- Fitness centre in the hotel
- Indoor pool in the sports centre in front of the hotel and three outdoor pools in summer
- Washing and drying for technical material, and a shoe dryer on rainy days
- Discount of 10% in sports clothing and equipment shops in the city
- Massage therapist available
- Multilingual bike manager in the hotel
- Free courses in Nordic walking
- Shuttle service and aid with bicycle pick-up
- Transfer service for Gran Fondo and other events
- Arrangement of transfer service to/from airport and railway station